While you are on a beach vacation with your family, then you should surely try camping out with them for at least a day or 2. You will also save some money on stay, food, and travel. Well, here are a few things that you will need to consider:
- Choosing camping site
- Packing checklist
- learn about the proper etiquette and safety for beach camping
- Recipes and seasoning ingredients
Choosing a camping site:
You could search on the internet for information on camping grounds, and about the different kinds of facilities that they offer. Some campgrounds offer facilities and activities that are specifically designed to entertain you and your family. However, there also are a few sites that also allow families to enjoy much simpler joys of life, by offering just the basic conveniences.
If you are not allowed to drive right up to the site, then you will need to pack light, so that you can walk freely. Some camping grounds let the campers use their amenities at no cost, while the others charge a nominal fee.
While packing for a beach camping holiday, you will need to prepare a list of things that you will need at the site. Besides the usual stuff like sleeping bag, tent, clothes and food, there a few other camping items that you will need out there, in order to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
- Warm bedding: Even if you are travelling during the summer season, make sure that you carry some warm bedding. The nights by the sea are much cooler than days. The sand could get cold and moist at nights. Carry extra blankets and socks to keep you warm.
- Hiking Gear: If you are camping by the beach close to a big city, then the chances of hiking are very unlikely. If you were to choose a remote site, then you could enjoy hiking as well. It might also come handy while fetching wood for the bonfire.
- Rain gear: Tropical climate is unpredictable, and you could encounter unexpected rains at times. Make sure that you carry ponchos, rain coats, etc. Also, don't forget to check your tent for holes before leaving.
- Sand toys: Kids love to play on sand, and it will also give you some time to relax and enjoy too. Don't forget to include their sand toys while packing. You could take Frisbee, volleyball, hula hoop, hard ball racquets, etc if your kids are bigger.
- First aid kit: Always make sure that you carry one with you, particularly while travelling with kids. The kit should include medicines for all common ailments like cold, fever, bad stomach, cough, etc.
Do not litter on the site. You could either bury the trash or dump them at designated points. You could check with the campsite facilitator about the waste disposal practice that they follow.
Recipes and seasoning ingredients
When you are at the beach, you would love to pamper your taste buds with some yummy seafood. Therefore, it is important that you carry appropriate cooking equipments like a big pan or pot for boiling, skillet, tin foil, disposable paper plates, etc. You could take some butter, lemon, and some spices or herbs, to make your food more delicious.